7.4.4. Check of system of a charging
Remember that failure of the generator is not the unique possible cause of infringement of serviceability of functioning of system of a charge. At identification of signs of refusal of system execute the following checks:
- Check a condition and effort of a tension of a driving belt of the generator, in case of need make its replacement (see. Head Engine);
- Check reliability of a tightening of bolts of fastening of the generator;
- Check a condition of electroconducting of the generator and its terminal connections, in case of need remove oxidation products, tighten fixture;
- Check a condition of the corresponding safety locks located in the main assembly block (see. Head Onboard electric equipment), - before replacement of the punched safety lock eliminate the overload reason;
- Start the engine and make sure that the generator does not publish any extraneous noise, - whistle or squeal can testify to wear of bearings or brushes;
- Check completeness of level of a charging of the storage battery, - remember that one damage of a banok can lead to increase of a current of consumption;
- Disconnect from the wire battery both (at first negative) and attentively study a condition of polar plugs, - in case of detection of traces of corrosion carefully smooth out plugs, it is desirable with use of special adaptations, track reliability of fixing on plugs of tips of wires.
- Check target tension of the storage battery at the switched-off engine, - the result of measurement should make about 12 Century.
- Without disconnecting the fan from the battery, start the engine and start to lift its turns until instrument readings are not stabilized (about 3000 rpm). The result of measurement should not fall outside the limits a range 13.5 ÷ 14.6 In, - the generator during movement is obliged to provide additional charge of the storage battery.
- Include as much as possible consumers of the electric power (devices of external lighting, the heater fan, heating of back glass etc.) and make sure that indications of the voltmeter remained within a range 13 ÷ 14 In, - tension can temporarily fall, however should come back to norm (probably, it is necessary to increase slightly engine turns) again.
- At excess by target tension of the top border of an admissible range it is necessary to make replacement of a regulator of tension.
- Wear of brushes of the generator, weakening of shchetochny springs, regulator refusal, diode failure, winding break, and also damage of rings of a collector can be the reason of excessive understating of tension. The condition of brushes and collector rings can be checked visually, - in the absence of obvious damages the generator should be removed from the car (see. The section charging System - general information and security measures) for more detailed check and regenerative repairs/replacements.